Please complete the form to request a training course. Once we have enough people we will then arrange one!
Paying For a Course at Bolton SC
Payments should be made ASAP in advance of the course.
Payments can be made with cash, cheque (please write on the back of the cheque the title of the course), or BACS transfer:
- Bank: HSBC
- Account name: Bolton Sailing Club
- Account number: 5222 2485
- Sort code: 40-12-25
- Reference: Title of course (e.g. Adult L1&2, PB L1&2, Seamanship,…)
No place will be confirmed on courses held at Bolton Sailing Club until payment of the course fee has been received. 25% of all course fees are non-refundable if you drop out.
You understand that the Co-ordinator of an event held at Bolton Sailing Club may cancel or postpone the event at any stage in the case of bad weather, equipment failure or otherwise. Under such circumstances the event will either be re-arranged or the course fee refunded.
It must be recognised that sailing and powerboating are by nature unpredictable sports and therefore inherently involve an element of risk. By taking part, you agree and acknowledge that:
- You are aware there is an inherent element of risk involved in watersports and you accept responsibility for exposing yourself to such inherent risk whilst taking part.
- You will comply at all times with the instructions of the instructor and/or skipper of the boat particularly with regard to instructions for boarding and leaving the boat and/or launching and recovery, using the equipment on the boat and handling sails, wearing of buoyancy aids, lifejackets and the wearing of suitable clothing in particular footwear for the conditions.
- You accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss caused by your own negligence.
- You will not participate whilst your ability to take part is impaired by alcohol, drugs or whilst otherwise unfit to participate.
- You are aware that the provision of supervision by the instructors is limited to such assistance, as can be practically provided in the circumstances.
- You agree to abide by the Rules, Bylaws and Regulations of Bolton Sailing Club (https://sail.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/CRBR.pdf).
- You understand that insurance against personal accident and loss or damage to personal property is your responsibility.