This Policy describes: (i) the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us; and (ii) our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Keep in mind that Bolton Sailing Club will only use your Personal Information (defined below) for the purpose that it is provided to us (the “Purpose”). Bolton Sailing Club does not sell Personal Information to any third party.
This Policy applies to information we collect: through our website (sail.org.uk); in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us; through information and submissions that you provide to us, both online and offline; and when you interact with us through third-party websites and services (e.g., social networking providers) (collectively, the “Services”).
The What: The Information We Collect
We collect the following type of information from you when you use our Services:
- Information that personally identifies or is identifiable to you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, IP address or any other identifier through which you may be contacted online or offline or any other information which can be directly or indirectly attributed to you;
- Information that is aggregate, de-identified or otherwise not capable of revealing your identity (“Other Information”). Other Information may include details about your company, industry, browser, internet connection, operating system, and behaviour on the Services (e.g., clicks, time viewing a page, domain names and paths on which you use the Services) to the extent that this information is not or cannot be linked to you.
The When & The How: The Methods We Use to Collect Information
This is how we collect information from you when you use our Services:
You directly provide it to us. Some ways in which you do this are:
- Membership registration;
- Complete and submit online forms to us;
- Correspond with us;
- Respond to our surveys; or
- Booking events and courses with us.
You indirectly provide it to us. The primary way that this occurs is through automatic data collection technologies that collect statistical (non-personal) information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns to provide details about:
- Traffic data
- Location and IP address
- Communication data
- Resources accessed on the Services
- Operating System
The technologies we and the third parties providing content and applications to the Services may use for this automatic data collection include:
- Web Beacon. Pages of our Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Bolton Sailing Club to, for example, count users who have visited a page or opened an e-mail.
Bolton Sailing Club uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are cookies which allow you to look at our website, to use the functions on our website and to gain access to the secure and registered parts. If the use of these cookies is disabled, certain parts of our website may not be able to be used correctly.
- Performance cookies are cookies designed to collect information on how you use our website, such as information about the pages visited or the number of error messages that have appeared, in order to analyze and optimize the use of our website.
- Functional cookies and saving preferences are cookies which allow Bolton Sailing Club to register the choices (such as the user’s name, choice of language and country, font and size of script, password etc.), as well as visitor preferences (such as pages visited, etc.), in order to facilitate use of our website and be able to offer visitors the most relevant and personalised information and advertising.
Bolton Sailing Club uses the following cookies:
|SID||End of session||Analytics|
|APISID||End of session||Analytics|
|SSID||End of session||Analytics|
|SIDCC||End of session||Analytics|
|SAPISID||End of session||Analytics|
The Why: What We Do with The Information We Collect
Bolton Sailing Club will only use and disclose your Personal Information for the purpose for which you have provided it to us as determined at the time of collection or through your subsequent consent, including:
- Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- Managing our business operations (e.g., customer relationship management (CRM) system, opt-in marketing database, customer service and support system);
- Performing and enforcing agreements;
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide the Personal Information;
Bolton Sailing Club will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed based on the purpose for which you have authorised us to use it.
The Where: The Places That We Store This Information
Personal Information may be processed in a country outside the country in which it is collected, including the United States, European Economic Area, and the European Union. Bolton Sailing Club uses the following third-party processors: Sailing Club Manager (for membership management); MailChimp (for email campaigns). Processors will only process the data as instructed by Bolton Sailing Club and are not allowed to process the data any further than necessary for the Purpose for which it was collected. In the event of any transfer outside of the European Economic Area/EU, such transfers take place in accordance with applicable European Union data protection rules under security conditions enabling the protection of the Personal Information.
How Do We Respond to Do Not Track Signals?
We do not track you over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some third parties providing content and applications to the Services do respond to DNT signals and that will limit your access to the interactive features of the Services.
How To Limit Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative on its website: www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
How to Access, Correct, and Object to Processing of Your Information
Bolton Sailing Club aims to keep Personal Information accurate and up to date. You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org together with a proof of your identity to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. In addition, you have the right to oppose to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we are unable to verify your identity or the change would violate an applicable law or regulation.
We Collect Information from Children Under the Age of 16
We collect Personal Information from children under 16 via membership application forms. All information has been submitted with parental consent. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 which has not been submitted with parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Details on Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Changes to the Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to the Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat Personal Information, we will notify you by email of the amended Policy.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.